Cheryl: Hey guys, recently we have gotten many requests to bring back games to the meets!
So, we would like to ask you, since you guys attend our meets, what games, ice breakers and improv games you would like to play at the meets?
We would like to make the meets as enjoyable for you all as we can, and we know for those who are new, games are a good way to make new friends. :3
Feel free to reply to this post, send us an ask with a suggestion (and details if needed), send us a submission, message a mod, etc. your ideas! <3
So what games would you like to play at meets?
Cheryl: It is not at all required to be apart of the members or be on the members page to attend a meetup! uwu
Hey dearie, Admin Chey here!
Our information for Lusus-stuck is here if I don’t cover everything that you’re looking for:
For this meet, it officially starts at 11:00 (It’s more than alright to come a bit earlier or later if you need to!) and ends around 6:30-7.
We are all meeting at the playground area; the map we posted earlier is for your guys’ reference on how to get there from our usual area (since sometimes a lot of our members find good parking spots there) so we provided directions on how to get to the park from there.
Hope to see you there love! :)
Hey y’all! Guess what’s coming up soon?
Here is the map for where we will be meeting:
Hope to see everyone there!
Max:Hey folks! Mod Max here! On top of making you aware of the fact that Mod Max is a very much intentional pun, just wanted to make a quick announcement about further slammajams during meetups. If you’d like to play loud instruments or sing, please find yourself a vacant area aside the main gathering area. If you’d like to bring an audience of minstrels, that’s absolutely fine. Thanks for your cooperation and have yourselves a dandy day of blogging! ☆(ゝω・`)┏┏
Jen: Here’s the thing, we CAN have two meetups, maybe even MORE, if members decide to actually make their own meetups. c:
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy organizing meetups with the group just as much as the other mods do, but I’d ALSO love to ATTEND a meetup someone else organized.
The mods and I are eager to see what you guys can come up with!
Jen: I think people would mistake that for an actual swapmeet and bring their stuff to sell uvu;;
Though the blood/color/kid swaps sounds very interesting! Thanks for suggesting it!
I never post on Tumblr, so I’m hoping my few followers can help me get this word out by reblogging…
I work for a hotel that hosts a major US con every year. I love anime and I go to cons myself, but I am going to be blunt about some of the problems we have and how we deal with them. I don’t know why people lose common sense when attending cons. I realize that most con-goers are young, and probably haven’t traveled alone before. They’re also really excited to go to a con and to see people they’ve only chatted with on line.
But…things have gotten out of hand.
So, please…read this list of Bad Behaviors that I’ve seen over the past three years and please…don’t do them!
1. Completely Trashing Rooms. I have part of the team that has to take pictures of the damages left behind after a con. We will bill you. Sometimes, we won’t even tell you. We’ll just charge it on your credit or debit card. Again, the tiny print in the contract allows us to do this. We take pictures in case you try and dispute the charge with the credit card.
2. Being a Homeless Congoer. These are the people who don’t have a room but figure they can sleep in the lobby, stairwell, hallways, whatever. We’re on to you. We will remove you from the premises. If you are underage, we will still call the police.
3. Being Unable to Pay for Your Room or Food. These are the people who usually make arrangements for rooms with online friends. One friend books the room on a credit card, but when it comes time to settle the bill and the so-called friends are asked to pay their share in cash or come up their own credit card to split…there’s suddenly no money. I feel bad for the person who booked the room, and I’m sorry that you’re not going to make rent, or that your mom is sick, or that you’re a poor college student or whatever. Please don’t stand in the lobby and cry or try to offer me “free art commissions” or the horns off your Homestuck costume. My hotel does not accept those as payment.
4. Having Noise Complaints Lodged Against You. So, that little gathering you decided to have in your room is getting pretty loud and despite two phone calls from the desk asking you to quiet down, you refuse to do so. Guess what, the hotel management is throwing you out. We’ll have our security guards tell you and then the police will escort you from the premises. No, you will not get a refund. No, we don’t care you have nowhere to go. Maybe those two phone calls should’ve clued you into the problems you were causing.
6. Acting Like You Own the Hotel. These are the people who think that since they paid X dollars for their con badge and Y dollars for the room they are entitled to do whatever and whenever they want. Here are some of the most ridiculous (and this is by far not an inclusive list):
a. Taking their clothes off and running down the hall
b. Wearing full Homestuck body paint and jumping in the pool and hot tubs.
c. Screaming “KAWAII!” at random people
d. Camping out in the hotel restaurant and not ordering anything
e. Running through a wedding reception in different a ballroom while shouting “HETALIA!!!”
f. Smashing a brand new TV in one of the rooms
g. Sex in the lobby. While in cosplay.
h. Setting up an “art table” in the middle of the lobby. (She didn’t get an artist alley table and was mad about it…
i. Pulling the fire alarm at 3AM and forcing an evacuation (This person was prosecuted. We caught them on tape)
k. A cosplay-photo shoot that went out of control with photographers physically fighting with each other…in the lobby.
One more note: Our manager is really upset about the amount of clean-up required after the Homestuck cosplayers we had last year. Bathrooms and bathtubs were covered in gray body paint, and the pool and hot tubs had to be drained and cleaned because some of them thought that would be a quick way to get it off. Manager is thinking of putting in the contract with the con that they have to ban Homestuck cosplay to prevent this in the future.
So, as a Homestuck, I beg you! Please, please, don’t do this! Clean up after yourself!
Reblogging this here as just a casual reminder to our fellow con goers in our group!
Jen: Formalstuck, promstuck, indoor meet, same thing (●´∀｀●) We’ve been working on it; it takes A LOT of time and money
Hey Everyone! So I thought this would bring some smiles to your faces as I was FINALLY able to arrange a time to be able to drop off all the CanTown Goods (276 pounds worth!!11) that we were able to pool together for the San Diego Food Bank during Fantasy!Stuck last month!
The staff at the food bank were really grateful for our combined efforts to pool in so much donations! You all should be really proud of yourselves for being part of something that is important, the importance of helping others in need!
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making this happen! I’d love for our group do this again in the near future! Its such a great cause!
*Stops eternally crying for a moment*
You make me all so, so proud!